Tuesday 3 January 2017

2016 sewing retrospective - dresses

I am just discovering dresses as an alternative to a skirt and top.  The proportions of my tops are very rarely right for my skirt so a dress is an easier option. Most of my tops are bought or made to go with trousers so are often too long to wear with a knee length skirt.

First is a knit dress using a self-assembled pattern from Silhouette Patterns #2010 Three-Piece Yoga Skirt and #195 Sweater Set Top. The original version is made from a viscose/lycra fabric purchased from Designer Fabrics Australia in 2014.


The second dress from the same pattern is made from an ITY knit from Silhouette Patterns. The neckband is influenced by the Tilton sister's Artful t-shirt Craftsy Class.



There was also a woven dress in my 2016 sewing repertoire from Vogue Patterns V1410 by Lynn Mizono. Not quite per the pattern as I wasn't keen on the drawstring so made the top of the dress more fitted plus I haven't quite managed to make the buttonholes yet to form the three adjustable lengths. The first version is a stretch cotton from The Fabric Store.


The second version is a Liberty Lantana 80/20 cotton-wool blend and the pattern is a huge favourite of mine called Jack and Charlie. This fabric also came from The Fabric Store and had almost no stash maturation time.


I predict more dresses in my 2017 future.

1 comment:

  1. Combining patterns is pretty impressive. That a good selection of dresses and it looks like it's right time of year for you time wear them.

    ReplyDelete